Best Boating Toys – The Geneinno Poseidon 1 Underwater Drone
Do you love to go out on boating trips? If yes, then an underwater drone is something that’ll be of great use. Not only that, but these drones are ridiculously fun to use with their built-in cameras and clever maneuvering. Believe it or not, but such a gadget will take your trip fun beyond its limits.
An underwater drone will let you peek under the water, click and shoot stunning pictures and videos, and take you to an alien-like unexplored world that only professional divers know. An underwater drone can smoothly achieve anything impossible with a DSLR under the waves.
The drone that’s taken into account here is the Geneinno Poseidon 1 Underwater Drone. You must know that this product is a little costly before getting started, but worth EVERY penny. The product is expensive because of its excellent features and capacity. And, after all, you get what you pay for, as you know. So, sit back and enjoy our undersea ride as we take you through the fun and amazing Geneinno Poseidon Underwater Drone.
Features of the Poseidon Underwater Drone to Excite You!
First of all, you must be well aware of all the exciting features of this model. If not, then we’d better enlighten you because this little ROV is incredible. These aren’t technical specifications. It’s just a list of stuff that it can do. Knowing what this product can do, you can decide whether it’s a good fit for you.
- More profound diving capacity: This boating gadget, designed especially for diving deep into the water, is an incredible toy to take boating. With an insanely amazing capacity, it can go as deep as up to 328 feet. That’s a lot deeper than we bet you thought you could take a craft like this from a boat’s deck!
- Multiple moving directions: It means that this drone can move in 6 different directions. It includes UP, DOWN, FORWARD, BACKWARD, LEFT TURN, and RIGHT TURN. Like an aerial drone, underwater drones of this caliber can maneuver in 3 dimensions underwater, not just two dimensions like a surface craft.
- Live to stream: Whatever captured images in the camera are available to stream live on your smartphone can easily be achieved. It supports Android and iOS devices only. How cool is that? Pilot your drone to the depths and explore via the camera in REAL-TIME!
- Smooth operation: It won’t be incorrect to say that even a 5-year-old kid can play with this gadget. It’s as easy to use as snapping your fingers. Seriously! Although for the cost, we do recommend parental attendance when operating the Geneinno Poseidon 1 Underwater Drone.
- Rough and Tough: don’t expect this device to break down any time soon. Buy it, and it’ll serve you for years, or maybe decades. However, it’s essential to handle it with extreme care. It is made of industrial-grade plastic and rubber coating to give a stylish and appealing finish. But the underwater drone still has electronic components, so kicking it like a football is probably a bad idea.
- Charming appearance: Everything from its design to color is impressive. It can fit in almost all backpacks. Also, the overall look is sleek and stylish, so you can’t complain. And why would you? Having an underwater ROV that can do what the Poseidon Underwater Drone can do is a reward.
- Mind-blowing output: The quality of output delivered by this model is unbelievable. You can even compare it with the footage shown on TV, for instance, National Geographic Channel. The footage is fantastic. You could create an entire YouTube channel with this amazing underwater drone.
- Intelligent design: The design of this model is amazing and light years ahead. Since it’s flat from the bottom, it’ll minimize the chances of turning upside down. Compare it to a raft that has a similar design.
Poseidon Underwater Drone Technical Hardware Specifications
After knowing its capabilities, it’s time to note the breathtaking hardware specifications. In brief, you can say that it houses some of the latest hardware technology that modern science has got to offer.
- The device will be in range for up to 100m. There is another version, which has a reduced range of up to 50m. However, to stay on the safe side, make sure that the drone doesn’t go away for more than 80m.
- The Geneinno Poseidon Underwater Drone has built-in sensors. Thanks to these sensors, your drone won’t turn upside down. Even if a huge wave washes it over, it can readjust its position to right itself. In addition to that, the self-balance control system ensures steady movements in any situation. These features alone make this drone worth the cost. But wait, there’s more (isn’t there always?).
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi adapter lets the drone stay connected to your smartphone. For this, it is crucial to have a Wi-Fi connection on your boat. Due to this tethering, you can view scenes captured by the drone in real-time. Pure wireless undersea excellent, right there.
- There is a full HD 1080p camera with a 120 degree wide-angle. So, you can capture 1080p at 30fps videos, and 1080p resolution images. The lens can cover a huge area because of the wide-angle lens. It makes the Poseidon Underwater Drone incredible for making underwater movies.
- Excellent battery life will keep this drone powered up for up to 5 hours. Don’t worry, and your shooting fun won’t interrupt due to the low battery like many flying drones. You might get tired on your trip, but the drone won’t get tired of capturing stuff.
Why should I buy this underwater drone? (How will it be useful?)
It’s natural to think about why one should buy such a drone. Well, there are adequate genuine reasons that you can’t deny. This underwater drone is awesome. And, the uses are not just limited to boating trips. So, even if you’re not going out boating, there are plenty of reasons for buying this underwater drone.
Imagine any kind of marine trip or a vacation. In the worst-case scenario, simply imagine having fun in a pool. It’s common for people to capture and preserve such valuable moments. Usually, you cannot snap pictures under the water without an expensive camera. In such a situation, this drone comes in handy. Since it can dive under the water, you can click and shoot unbelievably stunning images and videos. At that time, you’ll be glad to have this buddy by your side. And the ability to pilot the craft around underwater to shoot the video just makes it that much more fun.
The device is beneficial when you’re out on a boat, yacht, or a ship trip. If you don’t want to get wet and still want to peek under the water, let the drone dive deep and present the underwater world.
Speaking of boating, having a cool drone like this on board is a good idea if just having a mobile underwater camera to inspect the boat. Use the drone to check out the hull’s underside, the propellor, or any other underwater components that you couldn’t usually inspect without pulling the boat from the water. There is nothing wrong with doing a quick visual inspection of the hull and prop before going out on the open water, and having fun to operate ROV is a great way to get that inspection of your boat done.
It can also be used for professional purposes. Suppose you want to shoot a documentary or a film under the water, you can rely on this fantastic boating toy (toy for adults?). Its insanely superior camera is no joke. And with so many people making their names heard on YouTube, undersea video is a vast open market waiting for you to take your undersea drone adventures to the next level.
You can make use of this drone for educational purposes too. There is no need to go in the water if you want to study marine life. In the case of research, simply sink this underwater drone, and let it capture beautiful scenes to study.
It is a great gift item too. If you’ve any relative or friend who’d love to have this product by their side, try presenting it to them. It’ll help you improve your relations with them. Seriously, who isn’t going to love getting an underwater drone to play with? Besides that, you can encourage your lazy kids to step out of the house and go out for a boat trip. This underwater drone is the perfect gift to get a child interested in the seas.
The list is not just limited to these circumstances. Imagine any professional and recreational situations. This device will surely come handy when it comes to marine trips and adventures, that’s for sure.
Undeniable Possibilities in the Geneinno Poseidon 1 Underwater Drone
So, are you excited about the drone yet? No matter if it’s a yes, or no, you should also consider some undeniable possibilities of The Geneinno Poseidon 1 Underwater Drone (found on Amazon or the manufacturer’s website). But, to be fair, we should look at some of the drone’s limitations as well. After all, we want to provide an honest and impartial view of the capabilities. So, here’s what our engineering folks have to say about the Geneinno Poseidon 1.
- The range is not truly 328 feet. You should consider it at most 280 to 300 feet. Practically, devices aren’t capable of sending data to the distance claimed by the manufacturer. That is, not in the quality one would expect. So, indeed the safe operating distance for theoretical results is more like 300 feet.
- If your product has even the slightest opening, then it’s of no use. It’s a matter that a damaged underwater drone is no longer waterproof, and will become a vessel for seawater as soon as you unleash it. Luckily, this unit was intended for undersea adventures and is VERY waterproof. However, if dropped and the casing cracks, then there will be a problem. Try not to break the drone by dropping it on concrete, rocks, or other robust objects—the drone intended for moving around in the water, not smashing into rocks on the land. Be gentle with handling it to make sure you don’t drop it and wind up breaking it.
- From the budget’s perspective, every person won’t be able to afford this model. But, you get what you pay for as the saying goes. Most boat owners won’t have an issue with the cost given the capabilities.
- If the lens hit any hard object, then you’re toast. It’s quite apparent that lenses are delicate hardware, and hitting it with any hard object can break it or leave scratches. The clarity of output will eventually degrade. So be prepared for that. The drone camera must be treated like any other camera. Cameras use glass lenses. Glass can break. We aren’t trying to freak you out, just be realistic. Again, don’t drop the drone on rocks and that sort of thing.
- If you let it float far away from the range, you’ll have difficulty recovering it. Such situations can arise quickly. It is the only real downside to using a non-tethered underwater drone. One must always be aware of depth, distance, surroundings, and even be aware that currents in some areas may overpower the drone. Even great swimmers can succumb to powerful currents. Use the drone in unfamiliar waters with caution and avoid using it in high currents. Another good idea is to take the drone to a safe location for your first voyage with it where you can test the operating distance and recover it when you find the distance too high. Finding out the comprehensive range by taking it out in the open water and losing it to the depths is a horrible way to find out you went too far with the drone.
Is The Geneinno Poseidon 1 Underwater Drone Worth Buying?
Of course, you must be clear about this question. The answer is simple. It may or may not be worth buying, depending on your requirements. The product is worth buying because:
- In reality, the price concerning the hardware is reasonable. You cannot deny that you’re getting some of the best and latest hardware in this underwater drone.
- It’s a great buddy by your side whenever you go out on a boating trip. Great for lake fishing on a boat too. Be assured; your trip will be more memorable than ever. Not only that, but with underwater video, you’ll be able to recapture those moments again and again and again.
- You can capture moments and preserve memories with this drone’s help, that you couldn’t imagine with a regular camera. Unless you’re an avid diver with great underwater cameras, that is. But for the rest of us, this drone does the job better than one could hope.
On the other hand, the product isn’t worth buying because:
- It’s not in your budget (kind of a lame excuse if you want a cool drone)
- You’re a lazy and dull person who doesn’t care about boating, pontoon boat basics, rope types, marine trips, or having fun. Come on; we know that’s not you!
What Can We Conclude?
After considering every aspect of The Geneinno Poseidon 1 Underwater Drone, we can finally conclude many great things. First of all, you should now be able to decide if you should go to this fantastic device or not.
You should also be well aware of the undeniable possibilities and the few limitations of this gadget to avoid frustration and inconvenience in the future. Since such devices are an essential part of every boating trip’s most incredible adventures, and every person loves to go out for marine trips, you should go for this product. Don’t you agree?
If your underwater shooting requirements are light, then this might be a waste. But, if you’re looking for quality and superb features, this beast is especially for you. In reality, the only fact that can resist you from buying this tool is its price. Other than that, there is no suitable reason to drop the idea. The best part is that it’s available to buy online, so you don’t need to rush to the market. Order it and receive it in the comfort of your home. We’ll even give you a link to grab your own Geneinno Poseidon 1 Underwater Drone.
And yeah, it’s an affiliate link, but we only tell you about the coolest stuff, so we figure it’s a good trade-off. We tell you about something cool, and in return, should you decide to grab this awesome gadget and use the link we provide, then maybe we’ll have a few bucks to feed some dolphin friends, and it doesn’t cost you any extra to use our link. So, go ahead and get yours today, the link won’t cost you any extra, but it will help us to be able to keep providing these articles for you (and maybe feed a dolphin). What are you waiting for? The Poseidon is waiting for you.
More From Boating Guide on Boating Toys, Information, Gear, Tips & More
As the sun sets over the tranquil waters, the gentle hum of the engine and…
You asked, and we answered: Here’s a calculator to determine how long your canoe trip…
As an avid angler, I understand the importance of having a reliable and durable kayak…
Kayaking is a fantastic way to explore the outdoors and enjoy the water, but putting…
Looking for the best cruising catamarans for couples? Are you looking for the best spot…
Want to write for Boating Guide? Check us out here.